What are the things every website page or post should contain?
Follow this checklist to ensure you've optimized your content for your intended keywords.
- Start with a keyword you have researched and identified
- Aim for a minimum of 600 words for the body of your content
- Make sure your first header is an H1 tag that includes your keyword
- Use your keyword in your URL
- Use Short URLs
Short URLs tend to outrank longer ones
- Include your keywords and modifiers of them in your title tag
- Use your keyword once in the first 150 words
- Optimize your images
This includes their file size and alt text
- Do not keyword stuff your page
Instead of repeating the same keyword or phrase over and over again, use synonyms
- Link to external resources
- Link to internal resources
For a full walkthrough and more information about SEO must-haves, check out this article.
Tip: Get started on the right track with our Website Content Template!