Here are eight research queries to get you started.
Writing a good press release starts with asking the right questions. Here are some basics you need to know to get started:
- What are we announcing? Why is it important?
- What customer problem does this product/solution address? Who should care and why?
- What are the top three business benefits of the product/solution, and what are the top features?
- List specific evidence/proof points to support these claims. Confirm that there is substantiation (analyst reports, etc.) for all claims you are making.
- How will it help customers/what market challenge will it address that has never been solved before?
- What is the anticipated timing for securing a new customer based on this product?
- Who are some of the customers that are being targeted for this solution? Who is the ideal buyer?
- How does this fit into the larger company story?