Consider the following questions when identifying media targets for a particular pitch or announcement to ensure it’s targeted and comprehensive.
- Who is talking about the client’s industry or subject matter?
- Who is covering the client’s competitors?
- Who is covering the client’s customer industries?
- Who is covering the client HQ’s region?
- What publications matter most to the client?
- Are there other media verticals that are low-hanging fruit for the news?
- Are there other media types we could pursue? (Ex: podcasts, niche blogs, social media influencers)
- Who is covering macro trends in the client’s industry?